Practitioners can issue new family and civil motions before the County Registrar for Tuesday 11th May and Tuesday 18th May 2021. This will be a physical hearing in the courtroom before visiting County Registrar Mr. James Seymour.
The family motions list (which will include lay litigants) will start at 10:00am and the civil motion list will start at 12:00 noon. Cases will be given a timeslot, these will be emailed out closer to the date.
The closing date for receipt of all served motions is the Tuesday of the week beforehand. Ex-partes can be lodged in the office up to lunchtime on the Friday beforehand.
Please note there are no additional facilities available at the Courthouse in Washington Street e.g. consultation rooms and parties should leave the building immediately after their motion is head.
Anyone attending court buildings should continue to follow the public health guidance, and the Courts Service health and safety protocols, to help prevent the spread of the disease, please:
– wear face coverings at all times in a court building, unless directed by a judge to remove same
– physical distance at 2 meters
– continue good hand and respiratory hygiene
– avoid congregating in groups
– comply with directions from Courts Service staff in relation to the management of the numbers of persons in court buildings and
– if you have symptoms or if you have been directed to restrict your movement or awaiting the results of a Covid-19 test, you should not to attend court
Cork Court Office