21st Annual William Fry UCC Law Society Conference
Misinformation, Disinformation, Media and the Law
Date: Tuesday the 25th January 2022
Venue: Aula Maxima, UCC
Time: 9am to 2pm
The conference will comprise of two sessions. The first session will be focused on the discussion on misinformation and disinformation and how they interact with the law, while the second session will concentrate on how this may affect the media.
- Siobhán Cummiskey (Director of Content Policy at Meta (Facebook)),
- Orla Twomey (Chief Executive of the Advertising Standards Authority of Ireland)
- Sinéad McSweeney (Managing Director of Twitter Ireland),
- Paul Quigley (CEO of Newswhip)
- Pierre Francois Docquir (Head of Media Freedom at Article 19)
- Professor Colm O Cinnéide (Professor of Constitutional and Human Rights Law at University College London (UCL))
- Patricia O’Donovan (Deputy Chair of the Press Council of Ireland).
Please note that subject to COVID guidelines at the time, if necessary, the Conference will be held online. We would be delighted to have you there as an attendee.
Registration and payment can be made through the following link:
4 CPD points
There will also be an option for donation alongside the purchase of your ticket